Rockstudios plans two performance events each year:
- A student showcase to be held mid-year. No costumes – Rockstudios uniform.
- End of year concert –Held November/December at Laycock Street Theatre, costumes required.
- Costume costs will be fixed @ $80 per costume for students in Year 3 and over.
- Preschool-Year 2 costs will be $60 per costume.
- We anticipate that each dance class will perform two dances in the concert.
- One costume payment envelope will be sent in term 1 and one in term 2.
- Costume costs will be payable BY CASH.
- NOTE for Ballet Students- the capped charge does not apply to any ballet costume purchase.
- NOTE for Performance Students- capped charge does not apply to costumes for Eisteddfod performances.
- Performance students please note –costume payments will be required at the time of purchase for Eisteddfod performances.
- If your child withdraws from the school or concert after costumes are ordered (Term 2) no refund is available on costume payments, however costumes will be available to you in lieu of refund.
- Costumes are not given out until all invoices are paid. There will be a costume pick up and fitting day.
- Should alterations be required you may be charged between $5-$10 dependent on dance style and type of alteration. Where strap lengths require sewing, correct length will be pinned at pick up day for sewing – straps must be sewn prior to photo day. A $5 per costume fee will be charged if sewing of straps is required.
- A photo day is held prior to the concert. Students are required to attend photo day.
Each class performs either one or two dances in the concert, at the discretion of Rockstudios. Practice and Rehearsals are held at a venue to be advised on dates arranged prior to the concert (sometimes on weekends or after school) and the Stage Rehearsal is held at the concert venue usually on a school day. There will be a Dress Rehearsal held as part of the rehearsal program.
PLEASE NOTE – For the two weeks prior to concert, the term timetable will be replaced by a rehearsal program. In Term 4, should a child miss 3 or more classes prior to the rehearsal program, their involvement in the dance/s may be altered as dance is a team sport and this may be necessary for continuity of performance.
A Rehearsal fee of $30.00 per student is payable.
Concert duration is approximately 2.5 hours. Awards will be presented at a time separate to the concert.
A DVD is available of the concert which must be ordered via the School prior to the concert or on the night of the concert. No photos or filming can be undertaken at Laycock Street Theatre.
Tickets for Showcase mid-year will be available at the door on the day. Tickets for the end of year concert will be available from the venue closer to the event. Ticket release dates and prices will be advised closer to the concert.